SupraScan Quartz A1 V
Planetary scanner for fragile bound documents
- Product in details
- Tech specs
The SupraScan Quartz A1 V is dedicated to fragile bound documents requiring to be digitize partially open and it offers the best image quality .
SupraScan Quartz A1 V completes SupraScan Quartz range, developed by i2s and successfully sold around the world for years. This SupraScan Quartz A1 V is an ideal solution for digitizing all old and fragile bound documents, like books even with fold-out pages.
Picture: SupraScan Quartz A1 V with book cradle 25
What are the strengths of SupraScan Quartz A1 V ?
400 x 400 dpi optical on A1 format in color; FADGI & Metamorfoze compliance; No glare
Scanning up to 900 x 630 mm (35.43 x 24.8 in.)
Relief details enhancement; Adjustable lighting angle;
SupraScan Quartz A1 V benefits at glance:
As part of i2S Group internationally well-known in industrial vision, i2s DigiBook has a high level of knowledge in image technologies mastering perfectly sensor, optics, electronics, lighting and image processing technologies. So, SupraScan Quartz A1 V reaches the first level of image quality in term of resolution efficiency color rendering and is compliant with both FADGI and METAMORFOZE international preservation imaging guidelines. SupraScan Quartz A1 V digitizes up to 1000 x 1000 dpi optical.
For making easier to digitize large and fragile works, the SupraScan Quartz A1 V is equipped with a bookcradle fitted with an angle opening from 95° to 120° and a glass. Both have been developed for documents’ safety and receptiveness. Also, SupraScan Quartz A1 V is equipped with YooScan software including a “Glass secure mode” for adjusting and controlling both speed and height of the glass.
Download the brochure SupraScan Quartz A1 VDownload
- Images are compliant with FADGI and Metamorfoze image quality guidelines.
- Focus is motorized and automatic.
- No image distortion: distance and angle between the camera and the document are fixed and the camera is always perpendicular to the document.
- All information is digitized: scanning the side hold by the glass plus 1 cm of the other side (page). This ensures capture of all information even in the books’ gutter.
- Very long life LED lightings. No UV and IR emission.
- Relief enhancement system.
- Exclusive glares free system.
- Lighting below the operator’s eyes level.
- Lights only switched on during the scan time.
The SupraScan Quartz A1 V has the ability to digitize using only one lateral light (right or left). This exclusive feature allows you to enhance the relief of documents or objects and give a better value to your images.
GLARE SYSTEM CONTROL
The SupraScan Quartz A1 V offers an innovative feature preventing glares even on highly reflective documents (glossy paper, plastic blister, oil paintings, Mylar, etc.). This is an exclusive hardware solution (lighting system and optical head) and not a software processing.
SupraScan Quartz A1 V can be equipped with either a book cradle 25 (thickness 25 cm/ weight 25 kg) or a book cradle 40 (thickness 40 cm / weight 40 kg). These two options are:
- similar to a Roberval system with electrical commands (up and down).,
- motorized with electronic commands (no air compressor) and has an A1 glass plate with automated pressure and controls on the book. So digitization can be done without contact between the glass and the book.
The glass plate is easily removable: 1 person and 10 s only.
The constant level of the document simplifies the daily use of the scanner by eliminating the need to setup the camera for each document.
Security sensors detect intrusions between the glass plate and the book cradle and release pressure or stop the glass plate move (example: operator’s hand).
- A new easy to use GUI (Graphical User Interface).
- Multiple saving frames with customized outputs.
- Thumbnails flow to check/delete/add/insert images.
- Production environment: login, metadata tagging, METS outputs…
- Operates on Windows 7, 64 bits platforms.
- Automatic calibration mode (assisted and manual modes also available).
- Batches of image processing and compression.
- Automatic and real-time image quality control.
- Easy integration into workflow solutions.
- A remote maintenance function.
|MODEL||SupraScan Quartz A1 V|
|CAMERA||Tri-linear CCD sensor|
|OPTICAL RESOLUTION||400 x 400 dpi optical on A1 format.
A1 (ANSI D): 300 x 300 dpi to 400 x 400 dpi
A2 (ANSI C): 300 x 300 dpi to 600 x 600 dpi
A3 (ANSI B): 300 x 300 dpi to 800 x 800 dpi
A4 (ANSI A): 300x300 dpi to 1000 x 1000 dpi
More than 5 lp/mm at 300 x 300 dpi
More than 6,7 lp/mm at 400x400 dpi
|OUTPUT||24 bits for color, 8 bits in grayscale,1 bit in binary|
|LIGHTING||Long life LED lighting system with no UV and IR emission;
Relief enhancement on documents or objects;
No glares even on highly reflective
|400 x 400 dpi optical||7,9 seconds on A1 format|
|600 x 600 dpi optical||8.5 seconds on A2 format|
|MIN SCREEN RESOLUTION||1920 (w) x 1080 (v) pixels (full HD)|
|ENHANCEMENTS||Manual deskew, sharpen filter, white balance|
|STORAGE||Fast data transfer to local hard drive or network|
|FILE FORMATS||TIFF, TIFF G4, TIFF Multipage, TIFF LZW, DNG, PNG, JPEG, JPEG 2000, PDF|
|FORMATS||Over DIN A1 / D (2xA2)|
|MAX DIMENSIONS||900 mm (35.43”) x 630 mm (24.8”)|
|MAX THICKNESS||25 cm (7.8’’) or 40 cm (15.75'')|
|MAX WEIGHT||25 kg (55 lbs.) or 40 kg (88.18 lbs.)|
|PLATFORM||Windows 7, 64 bits|
|LANGUAGES||Multilingual operator interface|
|SAVING||Images saved during scanning process|
|SCAN SEQUENCES||Next scan launched immediately after the previous|
|IMAGE CONTROL||Images displayed during scanning|
|COLOR PROFILE||ICC profile management|
|IMAGE PROCESSING||Processing and compression during scanning|
|OPTIONAL PROCESSING||Batch of image processing: page splitting, cropping, deskew, book fold correction, finger masking, smart binarisation, areas detection, etc.);
Batch of image compression
|ACCESSORIES INCLUDED||Motorized book cradle 25 or book cradle 40
Motorized glass plate with pressure control;
Footswitch, mouse, keyboard
|WARRANTY||12 months hardware and software warranty including:
Hardware warranty (spare parts exchange or repair), technical assistance (support & diagnosis), software updates
|DIMENSIONS||L 1990 mm (78.3”) x l 1620 mm (63.7”) x h 1840 mm (72.4”) - including a book cradle 25 or 40, excuding PC)|
|TOTAL WEIGHT||310 kg (683.4 lbs.) - including book cradle 25|
|ELECTRICAL POWER||220 V – 50 Hz, 110 V – 60 Hz
500 VA max
|OPERATING TEMPERATURE||Between 10°C / 50°F and 30° / 86°F|
|CERTIFICATIONS||CE / FCC part 15 conformity
Low voltage electrical safety EN60950
radio electrical disturbances
EN55022, EN61000-3-2, EN61000-3-3