SupraScan Quartz A1
High quality A1 planetary book scanner with high productivity
- Product in details
- Tech specs
The SupraScan™ Quartz A1 is the best scanner to digitize up to A1+ format with superior image quality and productivity.
The new SupraScan™ generation, called “Quartz”, has been optimized and come today with a new camera, a new book cradle, a new lighting system, a new software and exclusive features. This is why, the SupraScan™ Quartz A1 is today the best scanner for A1 documents.
Picture: SupraScan™ Quartz A1 with book cradle 25
What are the strengths of SupraScan™ Quartz A1 over competitors?
Metamorfoze and FADGI compliant
7.9 s for 400x400 dpi optical A1 color scan
Automatic glass pressure and control adjustment
The SupraScan™ Quartz A1 benefits at glance:
The SupraScan™ Quartz A1 has been developed to achieve the highest level of benefits. Those benefits are focused on:
- IMAGE QUALITY
As part of i2S Group internationally well-known in industrial vision, i2s DigiBook has a high level of knowledge in image technologies mastering perfectly sensor, optics, electronics, lighting and image processing technologies. This is why, the SupraScan™ Quartz A1 reach a high level of image quality in terms of resolution efficiency, color rendering, noise and is compliant with the international FADGI and Metamorfoze Preservation Imaging Guidelines.
The SupraScan™ Quartz A1 has been developed to reach a high level of image quality but with no compromise on speed and productivity. With high quality camera components, powerful server, optimized scan sequence and saving process, the SupraScan™ Quartz A1 offers a very good level of productivity at that level of image quality.
All aspects have been studied to maximize operators’ productivity and comfort. This why the command panel location, the scan process, the lighting configuration, the automatic functions and the easy to use software interface offer the best conditions making the SupraScan™ Quartz A1 an easy and powerful scanner to use day after day.
- VERSATILITY OF USES
With many options like book cradle (25 or 50 cm), V-shape cradle, lighting table, the SupraScan™ Quartz A1 allow to digitize various type of documents from various quality and sizes: books, maps, registers, paintings, negatives, etc.
With a chain of design, conception and manufacture driven by high quality guidelines, all SupraScan™ Quartz A1 are particularly robust and reliable. This is why, since 2005 more than 500 SupraScan™ are operating successfully for nearly 380 customers worldwide as libraries, archives, universities, town halls as well as service providers. Some of them are working in two shifts of 8 hours without any trouble. The i2S group quality management is certified by the international standard NF EN ISO 9001.
- DOCUMENT PRESERVATION
The conception of the SupraScan™ Quartz A1 has taken into account the use of very fragile documents. This is why the scanning plate access, the glass pressure, the book cradle, the light technology are optimized to respect and minimize the contact with the documents.
Download the brochure SupraScan Quartz A1Download
The light table allows digitizing all transparent documents… Read more
Book Holder 90°
The book holder 90° allows digitizing… Read more
The new camera Quartz
- Images are compliant with FADGI and Metamorfoze image quality guidelines.
- Focus is motorized and automatic.
- No image distortion: distance and angle between the camera and the document is fixed and the camera is always perpendicular to the document.
- Very long life LED lightings. No UV and IR emission.
- Relief enhancement system.
- Exclusive glares free system.
- Lighting below the operator’s eyes level.
- Lights only switched on during the scan time.
The SupraScan™ Quartz A1 has the ability to digitize using only one lateral light (right or left). This exclusive feature allows you to enhance the relief of documents or objects and give a better value to your images.
GLARES CONTROL SYSTEM
The SupraScan™ Quartz A1 offers an innovative feature that prevent glares even on highly reflective documents (glossy paper, plastic blister, oil paintings, Mylar, etc.) This is an exclusive hardware solution (lighting system and optical head) and not a software processing.
- The book cradle 25 covers a wide range of formats up to 1100 x 630 mm / 43.3 x 24.8” (open book).
- The maximum thickness is 25 cm for a maximum of 25 kg (9.8” / 55.1 lbs). For specific needs, the SupraScan™ Quartz A1 can be purchased with the Book Cradle 50 which allows a maximum thickness of 50 cm / 19.6” and a maximum weight of 40 kg / 88.1 lbs. This book cradle 50 has different design from book cradle 25.
- The book cradle 25 is similar to a Roberval system with electrical commands (up and down).
- The book cradle 25 is motorized with electronic commands (no air compressor) and has an A1 glass plate with automated pressure and controls on the book.
- The scan can be done without contact on the glass plate.
- The glass plate is easily removable: 1 person and 10 s only.
- The constant level of the document simplifies the daily use of the scanner by eliminating the need to setup the camera for each document.
- Security sensors detect intrusions between the glass plate and the book cradle and release pressure or stop the glass plate move.
- A new easy to use GUI (Graphical User Interface).
- Multiple saving frames with customized outputs.
- Thumbnails flow to check/delete/add/insert images.
- Production environment: login, metadata tagging, METS outputs…
- Operates on Windows 7, 64 bits platforms.
- Automatic calibration mode (assisted and manual modes also available).
- Batches of image processing and compression.
- Automatic and real-time image quality control.
- Easy integration into workflow solutions.
- A remote maintenance function.
Largest A1 format on the market
- The SupraScan™ Quartz A1 offers you the largest scanning size on the A1 book scanners market with a maximum scanning dimension of 1100 x 630 mm (33” x 24.8”).
|MODELS||SupraScan™ Quartz A1|
|CAMERA||Tri-linear CCD sensor|
|OPTICAL RESOLUTION||400 x 400 dpi optical on A1 format
A1 (ANSI D) 300 x 300 dpi to 400 x 400 dpi
A2 (ANSI C) 300 x 300 dpi to 600 x 600 dpi
A3 (ANSI B) 300 x 300 dpi to 800 x 800 dpi
A4 (ANSI A) 300x300 dpi to 1000 x 1000 dpi
More than 5 lp/mm at 300 x 300 dpi
More than 6,7 lp/mm at 400x400 dpi
Up to 11 lp/mm at 600 x 600 dpi
|OUTPUT||24 bits for color, 8 bits in grayscale,1 bit in binary|
|STANDARDS||Compliant with Metamorfoze and FADGI standards|
|LIGHTING||Long life LED lighting system with no UV or IR emission
Relief enhancement on documents or objects
No glares even on highly reflective documents
|LIGHTING CERTIFICATION||Lighting complies with Directive 2006/25/EC of the European Parliament on the minimum health and safety requirements regarding the exposure of workers to risks arising from physical agents (optical radiation) lighting classified in the group «Safe» according to NF EN 62471 - IEC 62471:2006.|
|LIGHTING CORRECTION||Embedded and in real-time|
|FORMATS||Over DIN A1 / D (2 x A2)|
|MAXIMUM DIMENSIONS||630 mm (24.8”) (h) x 1100 mm (43”) (w)|
|MAXIMUM THICKNESS||25 cm (7.8”) – 50 cm (19.7”)|
|MAXIMUM WEIGHT||25 kg (55 lbs) – 40 kg (88 lbs)|
|MIN. SCREEN RESOLUTION||1920 (w) x 1080 (v) pixels (full HD)|
|ENHANCEMENTS||Manual deskew, sharpen filter, white balance|
|STORAGE||Fast data transfer to local hard drive or network|
|FILE FORMATS||TIFF, TIFF G4, TIFF Multipage, TIFF LZW, DNG, PNG, JPEG, JPEG 2000, PDF|
|300 x 300 dpi optical||6,0 s|
|400 x 400 dpi optical||7,9 s|
|PLATFORM||Windows 7, 64 bits|
|LANGUAGES||Multilingual operator interface|
|SAVING||Images saved during scanning process|
|SCAN SEQUENCES||Next scan launched immediately after the previous scan is done|
|IMAGE CONTROL||Images displayed during scanning|
|COLOR PROFILE||ICC profile management|
|IMAGE PROCESSING||Processing and compression during scanning|
|OPTIONAL PROCESSING||Batch of image processing: page splitting, cropping, deskew, book fold correction, finger masking, smart binarisation, areas detection, etc.)
Batch of image compression
|ACCESSORIES INCLUDED||Motorized book cradle 25 (or book cradle 50)
Motorized glass plate with pressure control
Footswitch, mouse, keyboard
|WARRANTY||12 months hardware and software warranty included
Warranty extensions available up to 5 years
|DIMENSION (including book cradle 25, excluding PC)||L 1990 mm (78.3”) x l 1620 mm (63.7”) x h 1840 mm (72.4”)|
|TOTAL WEIGHT (including book cradle 25)||310 kg (683.4 lbs)|
|ELECTRICAL POWER||220 V – 50 Hz, 110 V – 60 Hz
500 VA max
|OPERATING TEMPERATURE||Between 10°C / 50°F and 30° / 86°F|
|CERTIFICATIONS||CE / FCC part 15 conformity
Low voltage electrical safety EN60950
radio electrical disturbances
EN55022, EN61000-3-2, EN61000-3-3
electromagnetic immunity EN55024