Digitization projects for companies have been institutionalized since years in order to address societal issues of compliance, conservation, publishing and accessibility.
With increased flows of information, document management has become a major challenge for companies. As they generate and receive an increasing number of paper documents, companies are drowning under large volumes of documents (customer files, patient files, legal documents, etc.) that they need to preserve, often for legal and administrative reasons. Storage, searching and communication of these documents have thus become major concerns.
Digitization is, today, one of the best solutions for dealing with these problems. On the one hand, it allows storage areas to be externalized. On the other hand, digitization facilitates searching, sharing and distribution of documents and thus makes it possible to increase productivity and improve customer service.
A digitization project for companies has more than one interest:
- Preservation and conservation of originals through an electronic substitute for consultation (online library),
- Instant and simultaneous access of a document in multiple location,
- E-consultation giving a better reading than the originals, possibility to zoom, to go into the heart of a document, to obtain the finesse of details, to make comparisons between multiple documents simultaneously…
- Communicating the document outside the library through an online library or networks, like a remote access to documents between libraries.
i2s DigiBook offers the most complete solutions, in 3 steps, to governmental organizations for their digitization project:
The first stage of a digitization project is to found the most appropriate scanning solution. Thanks to i2s DigiBook the most complete range of scanning solutions, the document scanning process can be applied to any kind of documents of all size: books, registers, manuscripts, maps, plans, media supports… These scanning solutions guarantee both productivity and high image quality, from 300 to 1000 dpi, consequently making easier to zoom on images or even to re-print documents.
In a second step, LIMB™ solution makes possible to process, enrich and convert digital document. Limb™ makes easier to process to mass digitization on raw data, to both structure and enrich the documents (knowledge management), to share knowledge on different media (Internet, smartphone, touchpads…), and to make documents permanent (digital archiving).
Final step, LIMB Gallery, the digital library solution, makes possible to present and promote digital documents, includes a search engine that optimizes the semantic relevance and makes easier to refine research, and makes these digital documents shareable and interoperable.
In addition, i2S DigiBook is able to work with their customers for the full duration of their projects. Specialists are on hand to assist them in identifying their requirements, guiding them towards the solutions best suited to their problems and assisting them in the implementation and optimization of their products.
i2s DigiBook solutions’ benefits for digitization and accessibility to companies’ knowledge:
- Preservation and conservation of documents
- Digital copy available in the event of theft or destruction of documents (fire, flooding, etc.),
- Reduction in number of lost or misplaced documents.
- Reduction in physical space requirements
- Possibility of saving on CD-ROM or DVD,
- Possibility of external storage of original paper documents.
- Increased productivity
- Reduction in time spent processing documents (filing, archiving, etc.),
- Reduction in time spent searching and making available information,
- Information updated in real time: same level of information between the different departments or agencies.
- Easy sharing and distribution of information through a structured data base
- Immediate availability of customer files (reduced response times),
- Possibility of viewing files from various agencies (via a secured exchange platform, Intranet),
- Possibility for customers to access files concerning them online (online library),
- Ease of later reproduction (e-mail, fax, printing, etc.).